Saturday 22 September 2012

1 O'clock Thoughts

What indeed causes my heart to cool?
How now do I falter in my step?
What complexities plot my hinderance?
Why is it that my faith has left?

Indecision, and the boulder in my way
Render my compromises moot
Yet neither could I surely navigate
If they did not block my route

It is confirmed: I do not know
How I got here or where I must go

Whether my love will melt with the snow
Or what to make of the seeds I will sow

How is it then, that I continue to be
In this twilight state of confusion
Like the song that begins with a ponderous form
And gets lost midst it's own allusion

I like to think that I know the play,
The author, and how the story must be
But if my life is seen as example,
The one least informed is me

Let this be my prayer in the darkness
When doubt seems all that I know

I know that I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

NOTE: I got the last four lines of this poem from Desert Song by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment