Tuesday 4 October 2011

My Trip to Hong Kong, Part 2

Hard to believe it may may be, but I actually did other things other than hug Winnie the Pooh whilst in Hong Kong. For example, I used chopsticks:


I mean, who cares about Disneyland, wouldn't you rather hear about my chopstick technique? Honestly? Now, I know you would absolutely love to read about the finer points of chopsticking, but unfortunately, the above is the only appropriate picture I have on the subject. And as the content of these blog posts is entirely dictated by how many pictures I have for each topic, a single picture on a single topic is fated to receive only a proportional amount of coverage. But enough babbling, here's a picture of me with a wizard:

I don't know where those children came from.

So yes, the Abrey family and I went to Hong Kong on the Thursday before the Sunday when I had my flight back to Canada. Aaand we went to Disneyland. It was awesome. I know that the castle wasn't real, the  princesses walking around weren't actual princesses, and the whole park was built to advertise their movies and get you to buy coffee mugs embossed with motifs of Mickey Mouse's head, but I loved it.


The whole park was so darn happy it was difficult to remain cynical. I went on almost all the rides except the teacups and the Small World ride. Our collective family was also able to eat at the Enchanted Garden buffet restaurant in the bottom of the Disneyland hotel. What a buffet. Now I'm hungry. I'm gonna go eat lunch, then finish this blog. Don't go anywhere.

...

I'm back. Lunch was delicious. Anyway, the Enchanted Gardens were cool because they featured lots of classic Disney characters that walked around and took pictures with the residents of each table.

I need a suit like Mickey's.

We spent a couple days at Disneyland, and on the third day we drove through Hong Kong, and I was able to see where my Uncle Paul grew up. Hong Kong is certainly a beautiful place, but you can hardly tell because all the beauty is obscured by smog.

We took a tram that was pulled up a mountain at like a forty degree angle in order to reach a lookout place that looked like this:


Great view, but again, very smoggy.

I was obviously having fun

If it wasn't for the pollution, Hong Kong would be incredibly attractive. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment