Tuesday 6 September 2011

Jurong Bird Park

On the weekends, my Aunt and Uncle get a break form their jobs, allowing them to cart their kids and I to all sorts of groovy Singaporean attractions. The latest of these excursions was to the Jurong Bird Park, which is, in case the name isn't clear enough, a park full of birds in Jurong.

Similar to the rest of Singapore, the park was beautiful. Many of the animal housings are open, so the birds are allowed to fly round freely. Our family did the circuit around the park, going to each of the pavilions or cages in turn. I remember that we ate some mediocre food in a mightily crowded zoo cafe, walked on a few boardwalks, but then my memory devolves into a blur of feathers and people screaming things about sausages.

I enjoyed myself. However, it drizzled rain the whole time we were there. I do not like being wet, but my griping was moderated by my Aunt's observation that without the rain it probably would have been unbearably hot.

So without further ado, here are some of the pictures I took at Jurong Bird Park. I suggest you listen to this song while viewing said pictures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBbgZauYL1Q






This guy wouldn't stay still.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Josh, I remember the bird park well. Dad & I enjoyed the many (many) parrots that seemed to not notice us non-bird-like creatures going near them. I also remember after our walk in the little snack shop at the end, Dad, Aunt Sheryl & I each had a refreshing lime popsicle. Kind of our version of an orange creamsicle only lime. I remember it being real good.
    Sounds like you had fun(except for the "cooling" drizzle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul advocates the lime Popsicle, but lime has never been a preferred flavour of mine.

    ReplyDelete