Saturday 6 August 2011

Little India

First off, I'd like to apologize for how long it's taken me to put this post up. Verily, my heart is filled with deepest regret and shame.

So anyway, I went to Little India. Little India is this smallish district in Singapore that houses a denser-than-usual concentration of Indian people, restaurants, and markets.

Part of Little India's main drag, Serangoon Road.

There were shops that sold anything you can think of. I passed shoe stores, innumerable watch stores, clothing stores that sold fan shirts of various WWE wrestlers, I passed a guy who had three big boxes of tiny golden padlocks, I even passed a tiny garage.

Right in the middle of Little India I passed a picturesque Hindu temple.

The Sir Veermakaliamman Temple.

Later on I met up with a group of friends that I made earlier that week:

I guess they were having some sort of block party.

Big Joe kept complaining about the food.

On the outskirts of Little India I found a rather bland looking mosque.

The Angullia Mosque.

And that is Little India. I didn't include more pictures of the different shops because they all look about the same. I leave you with a picture of the pungent smell that was somehow everywhere:

No comments:

Post a Comment