Monday 15 August 2011

Sentosa Aquarium

So, last Tuesday was National Day, a national holiday celebrating the 43rd(?) birthday of Singapore. Because of this, Aunt Sheryl got the day off work, and she took my cousins and I to the Singapore-owned resort island of Sentosa. I had been there once before, but I didn't get to see very much of the island.

Specifically, we went to the Aquarium. But before we went inside, we watched a dolphin/seal show that we had arrived just in time to see.


After the animal show (which I may or may not have ethical qualms about), we went into the aquarium itself. It was packed. So, because of the high amounts of people that obscured my vision of all but that directly in front of me, I didn't get any pictures worth putting on my blog.

The animals I saw were pretty much all the animals that you see in books or online whenever you're looking at collections of cool looking animals. Lion fish, spider crabs, meter-wide stingrays, tiger sharks, etc. And the aquarium has this really cool glass tunnel that goes through their tank-of-sharks-and-other-things-that-swim. And because they aquarium knew that nobody would go through the tunnel to see sharks and lame animals like that, they installed a moving sidewalk that uses magic to transport people around the tunnel. We also arrived just in time to see the shark feeding. Yeah!

And then afterwards I took a picture of this handsome guy holding a snake.

He seemed to be very intrigued by the snake's neck.

Then we walked past this thing that used to be a fountain until it got beaten to death by art.



And then I turned into a haunted tree gate.

2 comments:

  1. Are you aware that this "beaten to death by art" area is a design by none other that Gaudi? A famous Spanish artist? He was a bit eccentric and certainly memorable. I put my very hot feet in some of those pools of water when Dad & I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't say it wasn't cool looking. And my Aunt informs me that it's just in the style of Gaudi, not actually by Gaudi himself.

    ReplyDelete